[Asterisk-Users] freebsd and asterisk ?? anyone yet

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Mon Sep 8 14:29:17 MST 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 12:49:06PM -0700, David Raistrick wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Tom (UnitedLayer) wrote:
> > On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, John Brown wrote:
> > > so has anyone gotten * ported to freeBSD yet ??
> >
> > Everything I've seen points to it being more an issue of Telco HW support,
> > rather than SW support from asterisk.
>
> I'd like to see the software side compile under FreeBSD.  According to the
> plan that rests in the back of my head waiting on that day, I have no need
> of the hardware side.  I'd use VIC cards in my existing ciscos to
> interface to the land lines, for the most part.

i am close to submitting patches for this.

however, my real job keeps getting in the way.  8^(

if i manage to get it going, then it becomes part of my real job, and things
will move more quickly.

--
[ Jim Mercer        jim at reptiles.org         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          I want to live forever, or die trying.            ]