[Asterisk-Users] live monitoring

David C. Troy dave at toad.net
Mon Sep 8 11:58:51 MST 2003

Just set up an extension that calls it:

Exten => 7000,1,ZapBarge

Then enter the channel number and pound, and you're good to go.  It enters
the conference with ZT_CONF_MONITORBOTH option, which as far as I can tell
is a listen-only mode -- so no need to mute your phone.

Trick with ZapBarge vs. ZapScan is you need to know what channel you want
to listen to, as where ZapScan lets you scan through all of them much
easier.

I will post a patch to convert ZapBarge into ZapScan.  It's pretty
trivial.  The thing I want to do that I haven't figured out yet, though,
is I want to skip a channel if it's not in use.  Right now you end up
listening to, say, 5 live channels and 18 on-hook channels on a PRI, for
instance.

Dave

David C. Troy   [dave at toad.net]                   410-384-2500 Sales
ToadNet - Want to go fast?                        410-544-1329 FAX
570 Ritchie Highway, Severna Park, MD 21146-2925  www.toad.net