[Asterisk-Users] Sound error during launch

marrandy marrandy at chaossolutions.org
Sun Sep 7 12:59:15 MST 2003

Hello.

Although I can hear the demo etc. now, I notice during asterisk launch I get
:-
[chan_oss.so] => (OSS Console Channel Driver)
  == Console is full duplex
  == Registered channel type 'Console' (OSS Console Channel Driver)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/oss.conf': Found
WARNING[98311]: File chan_oss.c, Line 232 (sound_thread): Read error on sound
device: Resource temporarily unavailable

I'm running mandrake 9.1 with the ALSA sound driver.
In the control center | Hardware | HardDrake | soundcard | help

it suggest this is preferred.

Is that warning important ?

How do I correct it ?

Regards...Martin
--
It is better to be bow-legged than no-legged.