[Asterisk-Users] digium dev kit - X100P & TDM400P

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sat Sep 6 15:19:01 MST 2003

On Saturday 06 September 2003 16:54, marrandy wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Well I finally rx'd my dev kit (new batch of TDM's apparently.
>
> I'm on Mandrake 9.1
>
> There were no hardware install instructions, it would have been nice
> to know whether the 4-way power connector was to be used or was for
> some other future or expansion purpose.

Yes, it's to be used.  It is there because of the power limitations of
the PCI bus.

> It complains
> [root at carol etc]# ztcfg -vv
>
> Zaptel Configuration
> ======================
>

> Channel map:
>
> Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
> Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
>
> 2 channels configured.
>
> ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 2: Invalid argument (22)

Did you modprobe wcfxo or wcfxs first?  If you did modprobe wcfxo
first, then your channel definitions are backwards.  It's also possible
that you forgot to modprobe one or the other, in which case the second
card will certainly not be detected.  See the output of 'lsmod' to see
if either is not loaded.  Also possible is that your lack of connecting
the power connector may make your computer unable to detect the
TDM400.

> [root at carol asterisk]# asterisk -vvvr
> ERROR[16384]: File asterisk.c, Line 1323 (main): Unable to connect to
> remote asterisk
>
> Hmm...that wasn't happening before I did the build using the supplied
> disc.

You can only remote connect (-r) if an instance of Asterisk is already
running.  Drop the -r if not (and possibly add -c, for console).

-Tilghman