[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phone to use with *

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Sep 5 16:05:52 MST 2003

Sean,

> Any recommendations on a hardware based SIP phone to use with *?
>
> I'm looking for something that would be common, as well as quick and easy
> to source, somthing relatively quick and easy to configure.

I'm very new to this as well, but with 20+ years of telephony and data
network performance background.

Between the Snom 200 and Cisco 7960 (both seem to work well), the Snom
is much quicker to deploy, you don't need a tftp server (which is pretty
much a requirement for the 7960), takes up less desktop space, etc, etc.
Both phones provide roughly the same functionality, however if you have
folks that like lots of buttons or like well-recognized names, the Cisco
does a fine job.