[Asterisk-Users] sample configs

Andrew Gillham gillham at vaultron.com
Thu Sep 4 22:21:43 MST 2003

Travis Johnson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ok, the phones are working and seem to be loading the correct info
> from the tftp server. However, I am unable to make them perform any
> functions (calling another extension, going to voicemail, etc.). I do
> not have any telephony interface installed yet, only a single ethernet
> card. Do I need to install the ztdummy driver to make any of this
> work? And if so, how do I do that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Travis
> Microserv

My config stuff was just for the Cisco 7960 part of it.  You will still
need to configure extensions and such in Asterisk.

I usually do something like this, assuming sip.conf is using [1000] and
the context is set to local for your SIP phone.

/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf:
At the top:
PHONE1000=SIP/1000 at 1000

Later in the file:
[local]
exten => 1000,1,Dial(${PHONE1000},20)

This let's me easily change where extension 1000 rings.  The
SIP/1000 at 1000 just tells Asterisk to call line '1000' at the device that
is in sip.conf under [1000], which is needed on a Cisco IP phone,
particularly if you have multiple lines configured.

-Andrew