[Asterisk-Users] IVR only system with scalibility with asterisk???

Paul C web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Thu Sep 4 11:13:48 MST 2003

> i'd go as far as to say that developing IVR through * is a
> dream. simple to a fault almost at times... db integration,
> hell, any type of integration is as simple as it can get,
> with a little help (get on #asterisk) you'll have your IVR
> up "yesterday"
That's really good to hear - my background is in IVR and I've been
developing with Intel's CT-ADE (formerly VOS from Parity Software) for quite
a while now. I'm starting to play with Asterisk and liking everything I see
so far, so to hear you say that is really encouraging.

One thing I do find a bit lacking is documentation, but being a developer I
know how we all hate writing docs ;-) I've seen the AGI HTML dump, think it
makes sense, I guess I just need to do a bit more playing and looking at the
examples.

> digium makes single and quad port E/T1 cards too, very
> economical, and scale wonderfully well..
Yes, I love the pricing compared to Dialogic cards! When you say they scale
well, how many cards are we talking about in a single chassis?

Regards
Paul