[Asterisk-Users] SIP - DTMF Payload type

Mickey Binder mickey at comflex.dk
Thu Sep 4 03:01:32 MST 2003

I have a problem with my Welltech Wellgates.

I can't call any extension which starts with or includes * or #.
When dialing it responds fine but after some seconds I just get a busy tone
and on the Asterisk console it says "SIP/2.0 484 Address Incomplete".

Don't know if it connects to the DTMF payload type.
Yesterday I made som different tests and observed that if DTMF payload type
was set to 96 (default) on my Wellgate, Asterisk responded with
"NOTICE[606227]: File rtp.c, Line 417 (ast_rtp_read): Unknown RTP codec 96
received"

I then tried to set it to 101 (found this value somewhere on the net) and
verified that voice responds now worked, but I don't know if this is the
correct type?
Still I can't use * or #

regards
Mickey Binder