[Asterisk-Users] can't use 2 controllers

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Thu Sep 4 02:40:13 MST 2003

Simone Vasoli (BK s.r.l.) wrote:
> Hi,
> when I make a call, chan_capi always uses controller 2, and never uses
> controller 1 (so I have 4 lines for incoming calls, but only 2 lines
> instead of 4 for outgoing calls).
>
> this is with 2 AVM Fritz cards PCI.

You can only use one Fritz PCI card per box due to a limitation built
into the AVM CAPI driver.

However you can get around this by hacking the (binary) fcpci kernel
module and changing the name of second and subsequent modules. I haven't
tried it personally, but I think there are several people who are using
this technique sucessfully :).

Just in case anyone is interested, AVM also say that you can't use the
Fritz card and the B1 card in the same box. However I have found it
seems to work fine provided the B1 CAPI driver is loaded *after* the
Fritz driver.

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254