[Asterisk-Users] IXJ card doesn't want to dial out (see previous thread, asterisk won't answer pstn ring)

andrewg at felinemenace.org andrewg at felinemenace.org
Tue Sep 2 22:14:40 MST 2003

Hi all,

Currently trying to get asterisk to dial out with an Internet Line Jack card,
however, it does not use the pots line, only on the line it dials out of. This
is similar to the previous thread/posting "Asterisk won't answer pstn ring",
but I didn't find any follow up to get it working.

My asterisk setup is like this:

iptelephony:/etc/asterisk# cat phone.conf  | grep -v \;
[interfaces]
format=slinear
echocancel=medium
silencesupression=yes
context=local
mode=dialtone
device => /dev/phone0
mode=fxo
device => /dev/phone1

phone0 operates fine.

With regards to the following piece of code, I do not see the error message.

                if (mode == MODE_FXO) {
                        if (ioctl(tmp->fd, IXJCTL_PORT, PORT_PSTN))
                                ast_log(LOG_DEBUG, "Unable to set port to PSTN\n");
                } else {
                        if (ioctl(tmp->fd, IXJCTL_PORT, PORT_POTS))
                                ast_log(LOG_DEBUG, "Unable to set port to POTS\n");
                }

Using Debian 3, updated, with the ixj driver version 1.2.1.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew Griffiths