[Asterisk-Users] TE410P - one way audio, after 'rpm -qa' on RedHat 9

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Sep 2 15:50:47 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 17:11, Gavin Hollinger wrote:
> > Note that this adds anything much to your problem. But I wanted to note
> > that not all systems have hard times with systems working. This system
>
> Thanks for taking the time to do that for me.  We are building a bigger
> system that will be under heavier load with lots of 56k data.  However,
> your info gives me confidence that if I work through my configuration
> problems it will work.  I was beginning to get discouraged because I have
> been "Testing Asterisk" for 2 months now.  8-(  I guess the short coming
> is mainly me, I will keep at it till I get it.
>
> What kernel / distribution are you using?

It is a debian "unstable" system with custom compiled 2.4.20 kernel.

Don't get too discouraged, My home asterisk machine isn't all that
stable. Of course it is the one that runs bleeding edge code. The one I
listed earlier is my switch machine, it is the only one I manage that is
attached to the PSTN. All others including our office pbx do VoIP to
that machine. With this much traffic on the one PSTN gateway, it only
gets upgraded if I think it will fix a problem. So far that hasn't been
needed.