[Asterisk-Users] Stuck On ISDN

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Sep 2 12:36:48 MST 2003

Tomas Prybil wrote:
> max power wrote:

>> Spent that last week or so trying to get isdn4linux working.     how
>> do I link ttyIO to asterisk?    I cannot dial out or dialin.     I can
>> see the call coming in in /var/log/messages.
>> Has anyone any tips?   I am not familar with isdn4linux.
>
> What kind of IDDN device are you using?
> I would recommend to use CAPI instead of i4 if your device supports it.
> Works like a charm. Have a look at http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/
> for some inspiration :)

The devices that support CAPI seems much more expensive than ISDN Cards
with I4L support. What's the least expensive ISDN card with support for CAPI?

I finally got I4L working and the sound quality could be better, but it
works for experimental systems. Since I do not _really_ understand how
I got it working from a state with no reaction at all I can't explain
or assist, just send my config file on request.

The manual says nothing on the subject on I4L support and there's
nothing to find on the net by googling... Everyone points to
capi and, back to the start of my reply, it seems expensive for personal
use...

/Olle