[Asterisk-Users] Connecting to an Ericsson AXT121 with a Digium Wildcat E100 card

Langley, Sean Sean.Langley at gdcanada.com
Tue Sep 2 08:36:44 MST 2003

Dear Telcotype Braniacs,

I have tried doing a google search to find out what this switch looks like, what the physical interface is, but havn't been successful.  I am quite new to the ISDN world so I'm not sure what to expect when I see this switch.  Does anyone have any experience connecting to this switch?  The following is basically all I have been given for info:

1) Ericsson, AXT121, interface ETCST (ROF 137 2764/2 rev R3A), Euro-ISDN. Connected to FMV test network.
2) Subscriber normally synchronised (sync) from network.
3) 2,048 Mbit, 32TS-PCM, CCS in TS16.
4) HDB3, 75 ohm coax.
5) CRC check enabled.

Like I said, I am new to the ISDN world, my digium card has an RJ45 connection type, what do I need to physically connect to the above mentioned switch?

I presume my zaptel configuration will be:
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15
dchan=16
bchan=17-31
loadzone=uk   (not sure whether this is correct for sweden?)
defaultzone=uk

and for zapata:
switchtype=euroisdn
signalling=pri_net