[Asterisk-Users] Groups in *

Asterisk Asterisk at team.dcsi.net.au
Fri Oct 31 11:20:45 MST 2003

Hi Lars,

I believe what you want to do is possible by applying a patch to the
Queue app, that being put together by some wizards.

You can find out about it here:
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000214

I consider myself fairly new to Asterisk, but I'm going to assume that
patch will eventually become part of the Asterisk distribution once its
features are finalised.

With the patch you have a queue timeout option (which is set in
queues.conf). You can set a timeout for each queue to whatever you like,
after the timeout comes, you'll go to the next step in your
extention.conf which would be the next queue (or "group").

exten => groups,1,Queue(group1)
exten => groups,2,Queue(group2)
exten => groups,3,Queue(group3)
exten => groups,4,Queue(group4)
exten => groups,5,Playback(sorry-no-one-cares)

Using the AddQueueMember (there is also a RemoveQueueMember) app, you
could create an extension that enables group members to log in and out
of each queue (or "group").

I have a "CGI Programming with Perl" book in front of me right now
because I want a web front end as well! If I get anywhere soon I'll let
you know...

:)
Ben

Benjamin Wakefield