[Asterisk-Users] Echo on remote end when using NuFone

Ernest W. Lessenger ernest at oacys.com
Fri Oct 31 11:21:50 MST 2003

I'm testing out my SNOM 200 phone by trying to call out through NuFone.
When I do so, I don't hear an echo at all (in fact I can't hear myself
through the phone) but the callee can hear an echo when she speaks. NuFone
tells me their network is totally digital and so can't be involved in an
echo. This is all well and good, but the echo is still there. Any suggestions?

As a separate issue, I am hearing a bad echo when using my Digium X100P to
connect to the PSTN. I've tried tweaking the tx/rx gain to no real effect.
I've also tried changing the volume on the SNOM phone, changing the codec
to g711u, and decreasing the packet size. Any other things to try?

Thanks,
--Ernest