[Asterisk-Users] asterisk and pingtel

Shaun Ewing asterisk at ewing.dropbear.id.au
Fri Oct 31 07:37:24 MST 2003

> Hello All,
>

> I have pingtel and asterisk working really well. I have a really
> annoying little problem - mainly with pingtel. When a call comes in
> pingtel displays the caller ID on the phone. If I miss it then I click
> on the number for redial - this doesn't include a 9 to dial an outside
> line. The second problem is with the dialer from outlook again it
> bypasses the outlook dialing rules so doesn't include a 9 for an outside
> line.

I don't know about Outlook, but here is how I have "fixed" the first issue.

In the incoming context, modify the exten to include something like:

exten => s,1,SetCallerID("${CALLERIDNAME}" <0${CALLERIDNUM}>)

Here in Australia it's standard to dial '0' for an outside line, so replace
the 0 with 9.

-Shaun