[Asterisk-Users] Absolute Minimum Installation Packages

Leif Madsen leif at radiokaos.com
Thu Oct 30 18:44:27 MST 2003

JR Richardson wrote:

> I’m trying to get the total Linux/* installation size as small as
> possible.  I’m wondering if anyone has looked at the installed packages
> list from the Redhat installation [rpm –qa] and has parsed out all
> packages not needed for * to run.  I follow the custom install guide
> from Andy Powell but the installation yields 948+ Meg with 340 installed
> packages.  I’m sure most of those packages can be eliminated.
 >
> If the installation can be reduced to below, say 600 Meg, then there’s
> an opportunity to harden * into a KNOPPIX Customization.
>
> BTW, has anyone already tried to produce a KNOPPIX * Customization?

Wierd that I had actually started to just think about this earlier
today... :)

Unfortunately this is going to be nothing that I can do to help at this
point.. I am really quite budgeted for time, and I can barely work on
the other things I have somewhat commited to.

I'll be so glad when I'm back in school, and hopefully have some more
time to work on this kind of stuff.

Keep me posted, I have a couple of idea's that this could be useful for
(if anything, just what the minimum packages are for a RH install)

Thanks!

|Leif Madsen - http://www.hacklocalhost.com|
|    @| leif at hacklocalhost dot com      |
|  SMS| sms at hacklocalhost dot com       |
|  FWD| 18924          IAX| 1700-363-0761  |
|iptel| 8972-1969    sipph| 1-747-386-1618 |