[Asterisk-Users] critical problem

Sean Rodger srodger1 at optonline.net
Thu Oct 30 09:00:21 MST 2003

About every 10th call coming into my x1000p is not getting the audio it
should.  You can see the messages scrolling on the console as they usually
would, playing the thankyou, then and menu messages. internal phones ring,
but when answered there is no audio.   The caller gets a full volume echo
with about 1/2 second latency.

At first I thought it might be related to using the aggressive suppressor
echo canceller...I recompiled it out, and the problem is still
there...doesn't seem to matter if the caller is generating noise when
connecting or not.  didn't get it to happen when calling from an analog
line...seems to happen when calling from a cell phone...I don't see how that
would look any different to the x1000p though.  perhaps there is a latency
difference.

I am urgently trying to solve this problem.
If I can't solve this problem, it will certainly be the death of my *
installation.
Has anyone seen this problem before?