[Asterisk-Users] Already on the phone?

Paul Liew pliew at atp.org.au
Wed Oct 29 15:28:37 MST 2003

Michael,

A couple of things - having a quick look at the app_ChanIsAvail code - it
seems that it is designed for Zap devices, so using them on any SIP phones
would not provide the expected result. Secondly, which SIP phone are you
using, I can't put calls on hold and make further calls without parking
them. In either case, I suspect the call has been palmed off to asterisk,
otherwise you wouldn't be able to make further outgoing calls (the incoming
limit would block it). The inuse limit would apply while you are actually in
a call. Does it work when you take the original call back off hold ??

I think having the ability to change the incominglimit from the dialplan
might be a good idea, but I think prior to any discussion on that, this
patch would have to be proven to work reliably and if approved by Digium -
put into the CVS.

Paul