Fwd: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on FreeBSD

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Oct 29 06:15:01 MST 2003

Chris Albertson wrote:

>>Aha. It may be connected to this error message, then:
>>  messages:Oct 26 21:18:15 NOTICE[137382912]: File sched.c, Line 209
>>(sched_settime): Request to schedule in the past?!?!
>>
>>I read somewhere that I could ignore this message, therefore I just
>>didn't include it in my earlier
>>report. Seems like I can't ignore it any more :-(
>>
>>However, I'm not a fluent C programmer, so I don't now where to fix
>>this. I just wish there
>>are others on the list that works with FreeBSD and are programmers...
>>Hello, out there!
>

> You say "I don't know where to start"  How about on line
> 209 in sched.c
>
> I hate to say it but I see so many people quote error messages that
> read "xxxx.c line nnn" and then ask "what's up?".  You really need to
> also post the lines of code around "nnn" so we can read them.
> the lines numbers depend on when you did the CVS checkout.  We
> all have different working code code.
Well, we have to allow users that aren't C programmers to report bugs
and copy possible error messages, don't we? Many different people are
needed in an open source project, not all have to be programmers.
Documentation, testing and marketing is important as well.

And, I did look at the specific line in the source and could just note
that it was beyond my knowledge to understand it and fix it ;-(

> You might try this hack just in front of the calls to poll():
>
>       if(0 == res) res = 1;

Thank you, I'll try your patch.

/O