Fwd: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on FreeBSD

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 09:47:08 MST 2003

> Aha. It may be connected to this error message, then:
>   messages:Oct 26 21:18:15 NOTICE[137382912]: File sched.c, Line 209
> (sched_settime): Request to schedule in the past?!?!
>
> I read somewhere that I could ignore this message, therefore I just
> didn't include it in my earlier
> report. Seems like I can't ignore it any more :-(
>
> However, I'm not a fluent C programmer, so I don't now where to fix
> this. I just wish there
> are others on the list that works with FreeBSD and are programmers...
> Hello, out there!

You say "I don't know where to start"  How about on line
209 in sched.c

I hate to say it but I see so many people quote error messages that
read "xxxx.c line nnn" and then ask "what's up?".  You really need to
also post the lines of code around "nnn" so we can read them.
the lines numbers depend on when you did the CVS checkout.  We
all have different working code code.

You might try this hack just in front of the calls to poll():

      if(0 == res) res = 1;

That is a kind of bandaid patch that would cause Asterisk to
use CPU a little less agressively.  But is that a real problem
that needs fixing?  What's needed is a design
overhaul.  You are right about the need for more programmers.
The code is just filled with places that can be improved.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550