[Asterisk-Users] Making PrivacyManager smarter?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Oct 28 14:22:28 MST 2003

> I'm having a problem with Asterisk picking up the Zap/1 and thinking its
> a new call when instead I've already been on the phone talking to a
> person.

I had the same problem and used "callprogress=no" in the zapata.conf
file corrected the problem. It's a fairly well known problem where *
is sensing voice on the pstn line (from the analog phone), and initiates
the inbound call.

(If you talk quitely, it won't happen. Talk loud and the phone rings.
Isn't that hands-free ;)