[Asterisk-Users] Making PrivacyManager smarter?

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Tue Oct 28 14:07:08 MST 2003

I'm having a problem with Asterisk picking up the Zap/1 and thinking its
a new call when instead I've already been on the phone talking to a
person. This is not my ideal setup and currently I have just an FXO card
and Asterisk is in parallel with my phone system instead of being in the
front. I'm not sure if the problem would be fixed by adding an FXS card
and putting my phones on to that or not.

This is what is happening while I'm on the phone. For some reason
Asterisk all of a sudden things a new call has come in.

    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
WARNING[524305]: File chan_zap.c, Line 4360 (ss_thread): CallerID
returned with error on channel 'Zap/1-1'
    -- Executing Zapateller("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
    -- Executing PrivacyManager("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/privacy.conf': Found
    -- Playing 'privacy-unident'
    -- Playing 'privacy-prompt'

Is there a way to NOT have asterisk go through my s,2 if CID is an
error? Or maybe change my incoming so nothing happens if CID returns
with an error?

extensions.conf
[incoming]
exten =>  s/,1,Zapateller
exten => s,1,NoOp
exten =>  s,2,PrivacyManager
exten=>   s,3,Dial,IAX/192.168.2.69/|10

Thanks for any ideas!
Chris

--
Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy looks out it, and
if he leans too far, he falls out. Wait. I guess that's like a regular

http://ccicolorado.org
Exceptional Dogs for Exceptional People - Help Out Today!