[Asterisk-Users] passing digits for voicemail from sip gateway

Steve Dolloff sdolloff at noc.dls.net
Mon Oct 27 12:50:25 MST 2003

I am seeing strange behavior that I don't understand.  Voicemail2 and
voicemailmain2 work fine if I call from a sip phone directly connected
to *, but if I call either of them from an analog line on the other side
of a sip gateway, voicemail seems to ignore digits.  If I am recording a
message and press #, nothing happens except that it records the tone
onto the message and I can't specify a mailbox using digits either, it
just hangs up on me.  Is this a config problem on the gateway?

Thanks,

Stephen