[Asterisk-Users] Anyone got VM2 working with MySQL?

John Haigh johntel at haighis.com
Mon Oct 27 06:19:28 MST 2003

I am having the same problem. Here are my findings:

In asterisk/messages log file:

Oct 25 10:55:11 WARNING[19474]: File app_voicemail2.c, Line 2388
(vm_execmain): Couldn't read username

CLI debug output is as follows when accessing the VoiceMailMain2 from
extension 8500:

Executing VoiceMailMain2("SIP/2205-3df0", "") in new stack
-- Playing 'vm-login'
-- Playing 'vm-password'
-- Incorrect password '1234' for user '0' (context = <any>)
-- Playing 'vm-incorrect'
-- Playing 'vm-password'
-- Incorrect password '2421' for user '2205' (context = <any>)
-- Playing 'vm-incorrect'

I added the context in to my exten Voicemail2 statement in extensions to see
if this would help: Voicemail2(uextension at context) but it did not.

John