[Asterisk-Users] A software FAX modem

Ulexus ulexus at lifelabs.net
Sun Oct 26 12:41:50 MST 2003

This sounds like the fax resolution is incorrect.  Basically, there are only
two resolutions for faxes, normal and fine.  The only difference in these two
is the number of lines, or the "Y" dimension.  With "fine" resolution, you
simply have twice the lines.  Unfortunately, I do not believe there is any
header information telling which resolution the file is.  The resolution _is_
communicated before sending the fax, however, as part of the initial
communication negotiation.  This basically means that, if it does not yet
have the facility, the softfax application needs to record what resolution
the fax is.