[Asterisk-Users] SS7 signaling/Softswitch

rnc Info Lists info-lists at robertc.de
Sun Oct 26 00:23:04 MST 2003

> Interesting. Someone thinks that a strategic use for * should be off
> this list. Someone thought my FAX modem for * should be off this list.
> However, nobody seems to think a 1000 messages about Grandstream phones
> should be off this list.
>
> Personally I would welcome seeing more of what people are doing in the
> softswitch area.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

Steve,
I agree with you. If the discussion involves * then it should be here.

In the case of your fax program I think some people who jumped in after
the initial introduction might have thought it was totally separate and
didn't make the connection.  What I find really good about the fax
discussion last week was that in the course of 48 hours it went from a
non-working integration to functional in Asterisk.

There is a tremendous resource base here... If we aren't interested in a
discussion then the delete key or mail filters work wonders.  Personally I
read at least the beginning of all threads... Never know when a new idea
or resource is mentioned.

Robert