[Asterisk-Users] SS7 signaling/Softswitch

Juan J. Sierralta P. juanjo at atmlab.utfsm.cl
Fri Oct 24 15:50:47 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 16:29, CW_ASN - Gus wrote:

> No, its not 100% accured. * can be used as Softswitch in MGCP... all "good"
> softswitchs uses MGCP/TGCP/NCS to manage each endpoint. I have 1 * box under
> test with Cisco BTS10200, and * works very fine with this softswitch. You
> could use SIP too...

	Can you explain that setup a bit more ?
	You mean that BTS is controling the * box using MGCP or the inverse ?
	Cause a I have an * box using a BTS+AS5300 as its PTSN gateway using
SIP. But the BTS receives the SS7 signaling(via an ITS i think) and
controls the AS5300 via MGCP. Then the * box it is another SIP route
inside the BTS.

--
Juanjo sin .sig