[Asterisk-Users] Context restrictions

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Fri Oct 24 11:23:17 MST 2003

> One more question: What are agents, and what are they good for? Help and
> Wiki don't reveal much... I am starting to think we'd really need to get
> an overview of the * features and have that documented (without all the
> details, just to get the big picture which makes a start a lot (!)
> easier).
>
> Cheers, Philipp

I'm a little new around here but......
 From what I've been working on...

Setting up agents in the agents.conf file
allows you to then assign agents in your
call queues as a members.
Doing it this way allows a couple of
things, like assigning agents to many queues
and also most imporant, would allow agent
to login from any extension.
In a nut shell.....

agents.conf
[agents]
agent => 1001,4321,Ben Dover

queues.conf
[queue1]
member => Agent/1001

extensions.conf
exten => 28,1,AgentLogin(1001)
exten => 29,1,Queue(queue1)

Agent logs on, hears moh, waits for call.
Inbound call gets transfered to x29
agents hears beep and inbound call gets connected to agent.