[Asterisk-Users] Context restrictions

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Oct 24 10:44:28 MST 2003

Hiya!

> Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong here?  I only want the
> extensions listed in long-users to be able to access the longdistance
> context.

Connect to this (I have also been hit several times by nasty context
business): Is there anyway to get debug info about a current user's
(channel's) context, maybe like "show channel context" or "sip show
context"? Any other methods for context (access right) debugging?
For example It took me a while to understand what IAX forwarding does to
contexts, first I thought that a SIP user transported through IAX would
also need a "login" (registration) on the receiving * ...

One more question: What are agents, and what are they good for? Help and
Wiki don't reveal much... I am starting to think we'd really need to get
an overview of the * features and have that documented (without all the
details, just to get the big picture which makes a start a lot (!)
easier).

Cheers, Philipp