[Asterisk-Users] Questions about Zapateller and Privacy Manager

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Fri Oct 24 06:46:32 MST 2003

Hey all...I'm just getting my * setup and right now all I have is an FXO
but no FXS. I wan't to get rid of telemarketers by having * pick up the
phone if there is no CID present, give the caller the Zapateller tones
and then ask the user to input their phone number via Privacy Manager
(yes I realize that this won't get us any where given that I can't
re-ring the phones without FXS but that'll be my next purchase)

This is what I have in my extensions.conf:

[incoming]
exten =>  s/,1,Zapateller
exten =>  s,1,PrivacyManager
exten=>   s,2,Dial,IAX/192.168.2.69/|10

and I *think* this works...is there a good way of testing this besides
waiting for those lovely telemarketers to call?

It was suggested last night on #asterisk that I put s,2,PrivacyManager
instead of s,1,PrivacyManager but this seems to make PM think that there
is no CID present and it always picks up. I guess it also gives the
error of

WARNING[327697]: File pbx.c, Line 1754 (ast_pbx_run): Channel 'Zap/1-1'
sent into invalid extension 's' in context 'default', but no invalid handler
    -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'

Can somebody tell me that I'm doing this correctly AND explain why I'm
seeing this behavior when I do s,2,PM? I'm sure it just has to do with
not quite understanding how extensions works yet.

Thanks!
Chris

--
I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a
lot of money."

http://ccicolorado.org
Exceptional Dogs for Exceptional People - Help Out Today!