[Asterisk-Users] Trouble with 2 NIC cards

Asterisk thisemailaddressisbogus at risehigh.com
Thu Oct 23 19:30:25 MST 2003

No. When I put 0.0.0.0 in *.conf, I get all kinds of warnings stating
that iax.conf or sip.conf will not work because IP address can not be
identified. There should be an easy fix to this for someone who knows
asterisk (may be mark can take a look). I will be happy to share the
warnings messages if anyone is interested.
I find it difficult to believe that no one experienced similar troubles.
Please speak-up folks.
Thanks in advance.

Ricky

If you bind to 0.0.0.0 in a *.conf file, it will
bind to ALL interfaces.

I'm sure there may be a reason NOT to use 0.0.0.0 but
I can't think of it right now.

I'm currently scanning www.pricewatch,com looking for parts
to build a new firewall box so I'm right behind you

--- thisemailaddressisbogus at risehigh.com wrote:
> Greetings everyone.
>
> Did anyone try using 2 NIC cards on the machine? For some reason,
> asterisk
> can not identify which IP should be used. In the config files
> (IAX.conf,
> sip.conf etc), there is a way to bind the IP address but if the
> machine is
> hooked to a DHCP server (such as cable modem), then fix IP doesn't
> work. It
> should be simple to bind it to a perticular ethernet card (eth0 or
> eth1)
> instead of an IP address. Anyone tried multiple NICs with asterisk?
> Please write your commentes.
>
> Thanks.
> Ricky

=====