[Asterisk-Users] Is the X100P a WinModem?

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Thu Oct 23 14:05:35 MST 2003

> Linux is about wiping out the businesses which support Linux?  Sounds
> kind of self-defeating to me.

No I mean, Linux is about wiping out the commercial businesses in the
software industry (Microsoft).

> Give an inch, take a mile.  The next argument advanced will be that
> anyone serious will need the multi-T1 card, so cloning the single port
> T1 card isn't that big a deal.  And ditto for the TDM400P and the
> assorted piggyback modules.  This isn't some other company competing
> with the project; this is Digium, which is _supporting_ the project.

No one is cloning anything.

> 1)  Ask the community to donate money to us.
> 3)  Profit!

Hmp. Redhat.

Digium could make a killing with a CD that drops linux + the PBX software
on a box and provides easy configuration via web. $250 a copy easy. For
those businesses looking to not give Avaya or Panasonic or Toshiba or
Hitachi or Nitsuko $15,000.