[Asterisk-Users] Number of TDMoE Channels?

Johnson, Randy rjohnson at Spang.com
Thu Oct 23 11:34:36 MST 2003

I was trying to establish a TDMoE span of 4 channels between two Asterisk
servers.  Machine A has a T100P to our PBX.  Machine B has no Zaptel
hardware.  With 4 channels (e&m signalling) the red alarm never clears, and
eventually machine A panics.  With 24 channels, the TDMoE span seems to work
perfectly.  Is this hardcoded somewhere?  I don't really need a full 1.544
Mbps between my two boxes.  4 channels would be just about right for my
needs.  Actually, 3B+1D with PRI signalling would be perfect, but that
didn't work either...

I saw this message with the 4 channel configuration, but not with 24.  Is
this something to be concerned about?
Span ZTD/eth/eth0/00:06:5B:F1:54:EE: Expected message size 40, but was 44
instead

Thanks,
Randy Johnson