[Asterisk-Users] wcfxs error

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 10:02:24 MST 2003

Take the output of "lspci -v" with a grain of salt.  It is doing a
lookup in a local file to translate the numbers it reads off the
card into words like "Tiger Jet Network Inc.".
lspci is using only the first two of the four ID numbers to do the
lookup. and for whatever reason the 400P and 100P use the same
vendor and device ID numbers but different subsystem ID's
It would be easy to edit the file to make it read "X100P or TDM400P"
(location of the file is given in the lspci man pages.)

Look at the subsystem IDs below.  8085 is the X100P and
the other is your TDM400P.  Someone should send in a patch
to the maintainer of the Linux PCI tools,

Interestingly, scanning the wcfxo/wcfxs source code in zaptel
shows the the wcfxs driver is looking for a these numbers
  E159,  0001, PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID
while the wcfxo driver is loking for
  E159,  0001, 8085,       PCI_ANY_ID

I woud assume by the above the you'd want to try and load the
wcfxo driver first??

> I get this with my TDM400P as well, except that it shows up as
> identically
> to the X100P in lspci:
>
> 00:0b.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Intel 537
> 00:0c.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Intel 537
>
> lspci -v:
>
> 00:0b.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Intel 537
>         Subsystem: Unknown device b100:0003
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 9
>         I/O ports at 6500 [size=256]
>         Memory at e4021000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
>         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
>
> 00:0c.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Intel 537
>         Subsystem: Unknown device 8085:0003
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 15
>         I/O ports at 6600 [size=256]
>         Memory at e4022000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
>         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
>
> I also get

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com