[Asterisk-Users] X100P Manually Answer

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Oct 23 07:27:04 MST 2003

Ben,

> I have an X100P used, at present, largely for outgoing calls. It shares the
> single incoming POTS line with a number of analog phones. Is it possible to
> talk the X100P (Zap/1) to answer a ringing call only if I ask it to? I'd
> like to use only the SIP phone in my office, but let the analog phones
> continue to work in the rest of the house (until I can afford FXS cards
> anyway..)
>
> I can force it straight to the POTS line with something like: exten =>
> 44,1,Dial(Zap/1/,10,t) but it won't attempt the dial / pick up the phone if
> it's ringing.

Since we don't have a clue how you've configured the asterisk to handle
X100P calls, I'll summarize how I have my x100p-based system configured.

In zapata.conf include something like:
[channels]
language=en

context=inbound-home  ; inbound calls are sent to this context
switchtype=national
signalling=fxs_ks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=no
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callgroup=2
immediate=no
callprogress=no
musiconhold=default
channel => 1
; Note: a number of the above parameters are simply stating the default
;  values and are not actually needed. Change to your requirements.

For inbound calls on the x100p, the "context=inbound-home" is the context
within the extensions.conf file that handles those calls, such as:
[globals]
PHONE3=SIP/3010
PHONE4=SIP/3011
[inbound-home]
exten => s,1,Dial(${PHONE3}&${PHONE4},15)
; exten => s,2,Wait,2
; exten => s,2,Voicemail,u3000
; exten => s,102,Voicemail,b3000
[from-sip]
exten => _5X.,1,Dial,Zap/1/${EXTEN:1}

Looking at the entries in extensions.conf shown above, two registered
sip phones (x3010 & 3011) are rung whenever an incoming x100p call
arrives. If you want voicemail to work after 15 seconds, then uncomment
the lines and tailor the voicemail box (eg, 3000) to where you want
voicemail to go.

For outbound calls on the x100p, it uses "5" within the dialplan
to access that particular x100p line.

I have two x100p's in this system, and both are working fine. The first
card is Zap/1 (channel 1) while the second card is Zap/2 (channel 2).

I also have multiple analog phones attached to the pstn line that ring
at the same time as * rings the two extensions shown. The analog phones
are for other back up, etc, since our * system is somewhat in a test
lab environment where its up/down based on whatever we happen to be
working on at the moment.  Since that analog pstn line also has an
old answering machine, I've left the Voicemail statements commented out
which essentially causes * to silently drop the call after 15 seconds
(as the answering machine picks up the call about that time).

Rich