[Asterisk-Users] MOH problems

rnc Info Lists info-lists at robertc.de
Thu Oct 23 04:15:17 MST 2003

> Still: When I call my Asterisk box (which has a fixed IP and is located
> within a university network) using X-Lite I get "choppy sound" to say the
> least. In fact I can hear only the first half second of what I am
> supposed to hear followed by permanent silence. Note that this * box has
> no telephony hardware at all.
>
> Any clues or suggestions what else to try? There is no hardware in
> between that could be responsible for silence suppression, but maybe
> there is a paramter in Asterisk that I can tune? I tried to use the
> "loud" MOH class instead, but it didn't make any difference. :-(
>
> Cheers, Philipp

When you look in the process list do you see mpg123 processes running. I
think there should be 2 for each class you have in the conf file.  (at
least thats what it seems like on my system.

I also copied the mpg123 executable to /usr/bin  instead of a link. Not
sure if that makes a difference.  In theory I would think it would not.

With a Grandstream phone and examples from the last days on this list the
MOH function when dialed via an extension works absolutly excellent. I've
run it for over 2 hours with perfect audio.

Gruß aus Friedrichshafen,
Robert