[Asterisk-Users] MOH problems

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Oct 23 03:31:23 MST 2003

Hi!

> I am trying to music on hold but I am having all sorts of problems with it.
> I am running RH9 and the latest version of Asterisk as of yesterday.
> Here is what I did to test it:
>
> 1. I manually deleted the mpg123 softlink to mpg321.
> 2. I downloaded mpg123-0.59r-1.n0i.src.rpm, compiled and installed the
>     the archive and loaded ztdummy.o module.

Same problem here! It is RH 7.2 with 2.4.20-20-7, but apart from that I
also removed the link mpg123 --> mpg321, installed mpg123 and even
created a new link in /usr/bin to /usr/local/bin/mpg123 for this. ztdummy
is also up (Demo, Calling & MeetMe work fine).

Still: When I call my Asterisk box (which has a fixed IP and is located
within a university network) using X-Lite I get "choppy sound" to say the
least. In fact I can hear only the first half second of what I am
supposed to hear followed by permanent silence. Note that this * box has
no telephony hardware at all.

Any clues or suggestions what else to try? There is no hardware in
between that could be responsible for silence suppression, but maybe
there is a paramter in Asterisk that I can tune? I tried to use the
"loud" MOH class instead, but it didn't make any difference. :-(

Cheers, Philipp