[Asterisk-Users] Is the X100P a WinModem?

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Wed Oct 22 20:21:29 MST 2003

<quote who="Steve Sobol">
> Ok. And the guy who started Cleveland's first ISP (former friend of
> mine) used to have two dozen phone lines running into his basement.
>
> What exactly is your point?
>
> How many hobbyists/hackers/etc. would have any NEED to have T-1 hardware
> in their house?

I would.  My full T1 to the internet is being installed in two weeks.

I currently have Asterisk running on a VIA C3 machine with a T100P card,
connected to a CAC AB1 channel bank.  I am currently installing the
wiring to have two line phones in each bedroom, kitchen and familyroom.
Plus one to the Direct/Tivo.  I will be ordering some analog trunk lines
for my PSTN access with DID.

I am giving out BT101s to my family (and maybe close friends).  With long
distance calls to be routed through NuFone.net.

And this is just hobby stuff.  My mom doesn't understand it, but my friends
do.  In fact, I have gotten one of my friends to install Asterisk at his
place.  Though, he won't be doing the channel bank stuff.  He lives in
a loft, so there really isn't a need to "wire up the house", like me.
But, he has received his two X100P cards and is planning on using the
Cisco 7960 and ATA186.

--
END OF LINE