[Asterisk-Users] Running Asterisk and NAT on the same box?

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Wed Oct 22 08:53:05 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 17:22, Steven M. Sokol wrote:
> Has anyone tried installing * on a box with two eth interfaces which is
> acting as a NAT box?  I have only one IP at this point and I would like
> to get * working without all of the NAT issues.  My idea is to run * on
> my gateway (which is also running the firewall and masquerade services).
> All of my UAs (Grandstream + Xten X-LITE + gnophone) will be inside the
> NAT screen, and will connect to the * using its PUBLIC (outside)
> address.

>From your description I assume, [don't assume:- it makes an ass out of u
and me] that one eth interface is going to a xDSL/Cable modem and the
other to your network. If that's the case, other than the fact that I
have a PCI ADSL modem, that is exactly what I have. Funny enough I feel
that if you have taken the trouble to set up a communication system it
helps if it is easy to use, i.e. no NAT problems. You actually have to
open some gaps in your high security defence system to see if there is
someone outside who wants to talk to you.
--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>