[Asterisk-Users] Running Asterisk and NAT on the same box?

Steven M. Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Wed Oct 22 08:22:04 MST 2003

Has anyone tried installing * on a box with two eth interfaces which is
acting as a NAT box?  I have only one IP at this point and I would like
to get * working without all of the NAT issues.  My idea is to run * on
my gateway (which is also running the firewall and masquerade services).
All of my UAs (Grandstream + Xten X-LITE + gnophone) will be inside the
NAT screen, and will connect to the * using its PUBLIC (outside)
address.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks,

Steve