[Asterisk-Users] Encrypting SIP Phones

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Oct 22 01:06:46 MST 2003

My perspective is "Yes, there is a LOT of interest!" but there are no
desktop phones that are capable of using SRTP at this point.  The
IETF is being painfully slow about making this an RFC, and the drafts
have "unintentionally expired."   <sigh>

If you feel like prodding your favorite VoIP phone manufacturer into
including SRTP into their next SIP deployment, join the chorus.  As
soon as some boxes get out there and support it, I'm sure someone on
the ball with Asterisk will be interested in implementing it.

JT