[Asterisk-Users] Encrypting SIP Phones

Low, Adam ALow at Prioritytelecom.com
Wed Oct 22 00:41:37 MST 2003

Hi Bryan,

I am aware that the IETF have an Internet Draft in the pipelines for SRTP which can provide encryption and there is a lib out there available at: http://srtp.sourceforge.net/srtp.html

I guess the real question would be if there is any intension to include this (or an equivelant) in the Asterisk source tree. I personally hope there is ...

Rgds, Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Nolen
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Sent: 22/10/03 09:16
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Encrypting SIP Phones

Has anyone ever heard of such a beast? do they exist? (soft or hard
phone)

I am referring to the encrypting of the RTP data as the SIP headers will
need to be read by asterisk still....

Bryan Nolen
Lead Developer
http://Arc.Net.AU <http://arc.net.au/>
http://cdonline.com.au <http://cdonline.com.au/>

********* DISCLAIMER *********

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure and may include proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person