[Asterisk-Users] managers.conf Clarification Question

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Tue Oct 21 14:44:57 MST 2003

Anthony Minessale wrote:
> Does Anyone have a breakdown on what each option means in manager.conf
>
> system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user
> I want to make a user who does not get a ton of events in
> the socket and is just for sending a query and getting that 1 reply
>
> I dont want to keep restarting my pbx to figure it out.
>
> I'm sure some may be self-explanatory but I was wondering if anyone
> knows for sure
> which options are which.

Anthony,

I'm currently looking into the same thing, here's what I've been
able to find out so far....

system = System events such as module load/unload
call = Call event, such as state change, etc
log = Log events
verbose = Verbose messages
command = Ability to read/set commands
agent = Ability to read/set agent info
user = Ability to read/set user info

Also you do NOT need to restart or even reload asterisk to
try the different settings, connecting/loging in, re-reads
the manager.conf each time.