daisychaining phones, bad idea Re: [Asterisk-Users] Survey: Grandstream improvements.........

John Brown (CV) jmbrown at chagresventures.com
Tue Oct 21 07:21:48 MST 2003

Hub != switch   With a repeater (ergo hub) you have the 543 rule
to worry about.  with a bridge (ergo a switch) you don't

the problem with daisy chaining the phones is that you are now
back to old 10base2 type networks.  one phone breaks, powers off,
unplugs etc, and the downstream phones are isolated.