[Asterisk-Users] Survey: Grandstream improvements.........

Jonathan Hogg jonathan.hogg at seventh-wave-systems.com
Tue Oct 21 04:48:14 MST 2003

On 21/10/2003 12:30, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> Why not specify a TFTP server/config filename via DHCP?  It's already
> standard and would work very well.

If you can specify the config file name then that'd be better than the
current arrangement (always fetching cfg.txt). I'm not against that - it's a
cheap solution and I'd be happy with it if we could get the config file
format.

It's just that DHCP extensions would be very nice in my mind. My DHCP server
has a more powerful interface for controlling what groups of devices get
sent what options.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Hogg