[Asterisk-Users] Survey: Grandstream improvements.........

lists at idontknow.com lists at idontknow.com
Mon Oct 20 21:18:30 MST 2003

I'm pretty happy with mine, I've got 2 of them as basic extensions, but
I've found the following with daily use.

The phone needs more lower bandwidth codecs, starting with GSM or
ilbc  scale 10

The blue backlight to stay on since the display doesn't tilt it makes it
easier to see. flashing it for message waiting indicator. scale 10

The format for the tftp needs to be disclosed, GAPS or whatever they call
it seems sort of "we sold you a cheap phone, now we want to gouge you on
the support for it" and that doesn't make anyone happy. scale 10

Unrelated to firmware... the next models need to have wall hooks in the
receiver and cradle for wall mounting.

I'm sure I'll think of more things after I hit send,

Mark

(Q-At-Work in IRC)