[Asterisk-Users] how to escape #

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Mon Oct 20 07:52:16 MST 2003

Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 02:55:18PM +0100, WipeOut wrote:
>

>>>This morning I found myself stumped when a remote interactive system
>>>asked me to enter some identification followed by the # key, and my
>>>local Asterisk interrupted with "Transfer?".
>>>
>>>Is there a way to escape the pound key, short of disabling transfers?
>>>

>>Don't put the T or t options on your outbound dialing string..
>>

>So basiccally one has to choose between being able to transfer calls or
>sending # to remote IVR systems?
>
>I'd call that a bug

Not really, the # transfer was added for people who use non-PBX phones,
in otherwords standard home type analog phones.. If you use IP phones or
PBX compatible analog phones then the T and t options are not needed
because transfer is supported by the phone..

I don't use any analog phones on my system so I can't tell you what
features to look for in analog phones, maybe someone else can help there..

Later..