[Asterisk-Users] use of SIP SHOW CHANNELS question

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Oct 19 19:44:39 MST 2003

On Sunday 19 October 2003 21:30, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> > *CLI> show codec 4
> > No such command 'show codec' (type 'help' for help)
> > *CLI> show audio codecs
> > No such command 'show audio' (type 'help' for help)
>
> Rebuild your system.  I had that happen and my Makefile was screwed
> up and didn't actually build any codecs.

Stop already.  The command serves only as a translation table.  It does
NOT, repeat NOT, repeat NOT, suggest anything about which codecs
are actually loaded.

If you actually run this now, you should get the following message on
your console (put there SPECIFICALLY because people were confusing
what the command actually does):

Disclaimer: this command is for informational purposes only.
        It does not indicate anything about your configuration.

-Tilghman