[Asterisk-Users] Paging/Intercom (was: OT - SIP Auto-Answer for Cisco 7940/7960!!)

Andy Hester cgadmin at conserogroup.com
Sun Oct 19 19:40:17 MST 2003

Snip
> JT

It runs on Cat5.  The paging/intercom/station monitoring all occurs over the
power pair. (pin1&8)The power pair wouldn't go to * at all.  It works
seemlessly so far on a channel bank. As for the ATA-186, I am not familiar
with the wiring of the ATA, but it seems that you could use a surface mount
jack with 1 or 2 lines as needed.  You'd just have to get pair 1&8 hooked up
to the central power supply.  It may be more trouble than its worth to you,
but I mentioned it in response to your earlier post just because people
always seem to be asking for these features regarless of the type of phone.

Andy